Does this sound like you?
You are a dynamic and driven professional with a competitive spirit and a passion for building. Thriving in fast-paced environments, you are motivated by challenges and bring over 5 years of proven experience in bid or project management.
You approach tenders and projects with a creative and innovative mindset, contributing fresh perspectives. Your technical writing and communication are strengths which you utilise to craft detailed construction programs and methodologies.
Holding a relevant qualification in engineering or construction, you possess a comprehensive understanding of New Zealand building codes and contracts, staying updated with industry trends. You have strong analytical and problem-solving skills and excel in identifying value management opportunities and assessing risks.
You are a team player, skilled at building relationships and working collaboratively. Your competitive nature and commercial awareness drive you to consistently deliver high-quality results, even under tight deadlines.
If this is you, then there’s a seat at our table.
Join our powerhouse team of pre-construction professionals and transform the construction industry with us.
About the Role
As a Pre-construction Manager, you will play a crucial role in our tendering process. You will be responsible for coordinating bid and tender submissions, technical writing, preparation of construction programs, and acting as a liaison between key stakeholders. Additionally, you will actively contribute to our ECI / Design and Build projects, attending design team meetings, providing input on buildability, and identifying value management opportunities.
- Assisting with the coordination of bid and tender submissions
- Technical writing of Methodologies and Site-Specific Management plans
- Preparation of detailed construction and/or tender programmes
- Acting as a liaison between key stakeholders, including consultants, trade partners and the Cook Brothers team.
- Coordination of the End-to-End bid process for non-price components of tenders.
ECI / Design and Build:
- Attendance at Design Team Meetings (as required)
- Input into Buildability and Construction Methodologies
- Input and creating of Construction Management Plans
- Identifying value management opportunities
- Risk Matrix and Identification
Within this role, you will work closely alongside the Executive Team, National Pre-Construction Manager, Procurement, Estimating and Marketing teams to develop innovative and competitive strategies for each tender. You will be required to:
- Have the ability to build excellent relationships with our team, clients and trade partners
- Have experience developing strategic plans alongside a team for winning bids
- Work well within the team
- Help identify opportunities
- Understand, resolve and write complex technical methodologies
- Prepare and review the commercial aspects of the bid
- Identify Risks
- Ensure on-time submission of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Drive continuous improvement through post-bid reviews and research
- Work to time-sensitive deadlines across national teams
- Proven experience as a Bid Manager or 5+ strong years Project Manager or similar
- Proven experience writing detailed construction programmes
- Qualification in engineering, construction, or another relevant discipline
- Good overall knowledge of relevant NZ building codes and contracts
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent organisation skills and proven ability to work to deadlines
- A focus on high-quality
Cook Brothers Construction is a dynamic and innovative construction company known for our commitment to excellence and passion for building. We thrive in a challenging, fast-paced environment, and our pre-construction team is driven by a competitive spirit to deliver outstanding results. Our forward workbook is brimming with exciting, complex and rewarding opportunities that you can be proud to put your name to.
Cook Brothers Benefits
- Flexible Working
- Health Insurance
- Development through our in-house Sports Psychologist, Software Trainers etc.
- Career and personal development highly encouraged and supported
- Company wide 2-day annual conference
- Work with a supportive and high-performing team
- Good work/life balance
- Positive company culture
- Social Club
- Exciting projects both currently and in the future
- Newly renovated offices
- Competitive salary + laptop + phone
- Free access to EAP Services
- Equal Opportunities Employer & Diversity Works Member
To apply, please apply through Seek by clicking this link here or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org