Cook Brothers Construction is a business employing over 180 full-time staff in Auckland, Canterbury, Otago, and Southern Lakes. We work alongside a large network of Contractors and Associates across New Zealand.
At Cook Brothers, we really value our culture and the way we work together to get stuff done. Our commitment to working above the line - being responsible, accountable and taking ownership in all that we do, helps our team in making a difference every day - and we're proud of that!
An exciting opportunity has opened up for a Quantity Surveyor in our Christchurch office.
The successful applicant will report to the Regional Manager and work closely with the Project Managers, Site Managers, and Administration Team to ensure a smooth and efficient build process from start to finish.
- On-site quantity surveying
- Bid management and preparation
- Build relationships and trust with the Cook Brothers team, customers and trade partners through open and interactive communication
- Provide feedback to the project team about challenges and opportunities
- Assess progress claims and variations
- Financial reporting and cost control
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Utilize Cook Brothers systems and processes
If this sounds like you then please apply:
- 6+ years' experience working on commercial and high end architectural residential construction projects in New Zealand/Australia
- Relevant diploma/degree
- A strong preference for those with a trade background
- Preparing high-quality tenders
- Successfully managing costs through project life cycle
- Experience in cost planning, bills of quantity preparation, measuring cost plans and contract administration
- Able to confidently navigate your way around sites and provide technical knowledge to the build teams
- Working across multiple high-value commercial projects
- Excellent communication skills. You must be able to professionally and assertively convey communication to all involved
What's in it for you?
- A friendly, supportive environment
- Meaningful work - delivering great outcomes for our customers and Cook Brothers
- Involvements in both Social Club and company events
- Annual Conference
The successful applicant will receive a competitive remuneration package.
Applicants with the right to work in New Zealand should apply.
We carry out pre-employment health, drug, and alcohol testing.