Starting from humble beginnings in Dunedin, Cook Brothers Construction has grown substantially over the last fifteen years. We currently operate across Southern Lakes, Canterbury, Otago and Auckland.
We enjoy celebrating our success and believe it is important we do so. Our team, and our projects are a testament to the hard work and commitment over this time.
Our goal is to inspire people more than to manage them. We trust our teams to do what they think is best for Cook Brothers Construction, giving them lots of freedom to make the best decisions for the company at that time.
Through innovation, quality, client satisfaction and sustainability, we strive to be a national leader in our industry, we believe our team is the heart and soul of us achieving this!
If you want to be a part of this journey, then this role is for you.
About the Role
You will lead and mentor the Cook Brothers site team and trade partners, whilst working alongside the Quantity Surveyor and Project Manager on Commercial build projects.
- Strategically planning and effectively managing the program
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders while maintaining a high service quality
- Lead and assist the team both on the tools and/or off the tools to meet project demands and timelines
- Mitigating risks with a solution based approach
- Reporting on Health & Safety, quality, cost control and budget
- Meeting Key Performance Objectives of the project
- Construction methodology and adherence to policies, procedures, relevant codes and acts for self and the team
- Sub-contractor management
- Coach and mentor your team to deliver high quality outcomes to support the delivery of on time and on budget
- Attend and lead site meeting and lead toolbox meetings
We are an innovative company offering a number of professional development and career development opportunities. You will be someone that is motivated to progress in their career through innovative input to our processes, autonomy and will seek growth through the opportunities Cook Brothers provides.
You will see your team mates as an extension to your own success, and work together on site through any challenges.
Skills and Experience
- Must have NZ/AUS Site Management Experience
- At least 4 years construction site management experience (trade qualified carpentry background preferred)
- Proven planning & program management experience
- Commercial build experience
- Strong leadership skills - the ability to recognise the successes of others in your team
- Solid IT skills – MS Office suite a must
- Excellent communication skills and ability to navigate tough conversation
- Leadership of Health and Safety
- Flexible Working options available
- Health Insurance
- Development through our in-house Sports Psychologist, Software Trainers etc
- Career and personal development highly encouraged and supported
- Work with a supportive and high performing team
- Good work/life balance
- Positive company culture
- Social Club
- Exciting projects both currently and in the future
- Competitive salary + vehicle + laptop + phone
- Free access to EAP Services
- Equal Opportunities Employer & Diversity Works Member
To apply, please apply through Seek by clicking this link here or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org