Starting from humble beginnings in Dunedin, Cook Brothers Construction has grown substantially over the last 15 years. We are currently made up of 185+ team members across Otago, Southern Lakes, Canterbury, and Auckland and operate under a strong “one team” culture.
With a focus on Quality, Cook Brothers Construction has an extensive and diverse portfolio that spans renovation, new construction, fit-outs, and design and build, in the commercial sector and industrial.
At Cook Brothers Construction we believe in the attributes and behaviours of ‘One Team'. We operate above the line, that is, we are accountable, responsible and take ownership of our actions.
We love to see our team thrive and grow throughout our business. Development opportunities are endless, and we are committed to continuously mentoring and coaching others.
Our highly successful Otago team bring a mixture of talent, enthusiasm, hard work, general respect for one another and enjoyment of being a member of the Otago team.
We strive to be a National leader in our industry, with a focus on quality, client satisfaction, sustainability and innovation. We believe our team is the heart and soul of us achieving this.
About the Role
You will be a strong leader for the Cook Brothers team and trade partners, whilst working alongside the Quantity Surveyor on Commercial build projects.
- Strategically planning and effectively managing the program
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders while maintaining a high service quality
- Mitigating Risks
- Reporting on Health & Safety, quality, cost control and budget
- Meeting Key Performance Objectives of the project
- Focus on quality
- Construction methodology and adherence to policies, procedures, relevant codes and acts for self and the team
- Leadership of Site Manager and build team.
- Ability to work effectively alongside QS
Skills and Experience
- Must have NZ/AUS Project Management
- At least 4 years construction project management experience (preferred)
- Commercial build experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to navigate tough conversations
- Proven planning & program management experience
- Leadership of Health and Safety
- Excellent Communicator
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Finance and budget skills
- Good Commercial Acumen
- Health Insurance
- Development through our in-house Sports Psychologist, Software Trainers etc.
- Career and Personal Development Highly Encouraged and Supported
- Company Wide 2-day Annual Summit in Glenorchy
- Work with a Supportive and High Performing Team
- Good Work/Life Balance
- Positive and Driven Company Culture
- Social Club
- Exciting Projects both currently and in the future
- Competitive Salary + Laptop + Phone
- Free Access to EAP Services
- Equal Opportunities Employer & Diversity Works Member
To apply, please apply through Seek by clicking this link here or send your CV to email@example.com