Starting from humble beginnings in Dunedin, Cook Brothers Construction has grown substantially over the last seventeen years. We currently operate across Southern Lakes, Canterbury, Otago and Auckland.
We enjoy celebrating our success and believe it is important we do so. Our team, and our projects are a testament to the hard work and commitment over this time.
Our goal is to inspire people more than to manage them. We trust our teams to do what they think is best for Cook Brothers Construction, giving them lots of freedom to make the best decisions for the company at that time.
Through innovation, quality, client satisfaction and sustainability, we strive to be a national leader in our industry, we believe our team is the heart and soul of us achieving this!
If you want to be a part of this journey, then this role is for you.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our Southern Lakes team.
You will be a strong leader for the Cook Brothers team and trade partners, whilst working alongside the Quantity Surveyor & Site Manager on Commercial build projects. You will be driven to succeed personally and drive the success of those around you.
- Strategically planning and effectively managing all aspects of the construction project
- Liaising with clients and stakeholders while maintaining a high service quality
- Development of construction programme
- Risk mitigation
- Driving Health & Safety in all aspects of the project,
- Leading cost control and budget reporting
- Meeting Key Performance Objectives of the project
- Focus on quality and sustainability
- Construction methodology and adherence to policies, procedures, relevant codes and acts for self and the team
- Leadership of Site Manager and build team. Ability to work effectively alongside QS
Skills and Experience:
- Must have at least 5 years NZ/AUS project management experience
- At least 7+ years construction experience
- Commercial build experience
- Leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills and ability to navigate tough conversations
- Proven planning & program management experience
- Leadership of Health and Safety
- Strong negotiation skills
- Finance and budgeting skills
- Familiarity with using project management software
- Flexible Working options available
- Health insurance
- Development through our in-house Sports Psychologist, Software Trainers etc.
- Career and personal development highly encouraged and supported
- Work with a supportive and high performing team
- Good work/life balance
- Social club
- Exciting projects both currently and in the future
- Vehicle + fuel card
- Free access to EAP Services
- We are an Equal Opportunities Employer & Diversity Works Member
To apply, please apply through Seek by clicking this link here or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org